Monday 21 May 2012

Moving In Together.



Above are some photos of our apartment. We have access to two awesome pools, a gym and an amazing view of the city. The glass doors to our balcony open right up and makes the space so much bigger! I love it. Although it was sad saying goodbye to Jono's old place in Bondi which he shared with his friend Elliot, having our own space to call home is far better. We don't have much furniture at the moment. Just Jono's prized possession - his great big couch - and a bed. The place came with a dryer, dishwasher, oven and microwave, so we went out a few Saturdays ago and bought a washing machine and fridge. Mum came with us because I thought she'd have a better idea about buying appliances than we would, and it was actually fun. My line that I always say to Jono when we do something practical is "I feel like we're a real couple now!" Sometimes I forget that this fairytale has come true and this is my life now.


I didn't enjoy the process of looking for places to live. I felt it chewed up our weekends when there were much more fun things we could be doing! At times I got impatient but Jono was always understanding. Now that we're here, I'm glad we took the time to find the place that was exactly right for us.

Being traditional and religious, I won't be moving in until we're married. So for the next few weeks I'll be slowly moving my things in. This will be my first time living out of home. Crazy!!! But mum has trained me up well. I'm sure I'll make a good little housewife just like she is. Sadly there isn't much cupboard space. Luckily Jono has granted me with about 80% of the wardrobe, but I'm sure there will be many things that I'm going to have to store, give away or sell on Ebay. I don't mind that much. Sometimes it's good to minimise and simplify.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment