Monday 21 May 2012

An Introduction.



Most know me by the name of Bree. I'm currently twenty years old. I'm engaged to that devilishly handsome beast pictured above, Jonathan "Jono" McLean, BFF and love of my life. We like to go on walks together, go out for dinner, sing along to the radio and eat lots of gelato. I'm in my final year of studying for a Bachelor of Nursing and loving it. I'm a sister to two big brothers and I'm a Mormon.

What I want to achieve out of this blog is an account of my day-to-day life, my interests, my thoughts and feelings, hopefully spotted with a bit of humour. Something my future children will someday read and enjoy. Jono thinks blogging is narcissistic, and although I somewhat agree, my mum has talked me into it! I think she is coming to the realisation that she and dad will soon be empty nesters, alone in their big house without the kids to fill the barren spaces and quiet moments anymore. Maybe this will be a way for my mum to stay involved and up-to-date in my new role as a wife.

As of today, I'm eighteen days away from being married and I couldn't be more excited!!!!!!!

Jono is one special person. He is so much more than any future husband I could have dreamed up myself. I still can't believe he exists and that I get to have him all for myself forever. I feel safe and precious with him. He goes out of his way to show me he loves me. I know he would give me anything I wanted. The hours he works are phenomenal. This means I spend most weekdays missing him endlessly, but I feel blessed knowing he works so hard so we can have a comfortable life together. Plus it makes our inseparable weekends together much sweeter.

The wedding has been fun but stressful to plan. Both our parents have donated generously towards making our wedding day exactly how we want it which we are very grateful for. Now all I want is for 8.6.2012 to finally come! I thought I'd be oozing with nerves by now, but I'm so confident in my choice for an eternal companion that there is no room for butterflies.

You will soon come to learn how much I want a little baby. I melt at the sight of those miniature human beings all wrapped in their tiny little clothes. Believe me, Jono is just as clucky! But he is more reluctant to admit it. Unfortunately we both agree it's wise to wait until I have finished a year of full-time nursing... THEN we can welcome our bundles of joy with open arms and begin to expand our delightful and loving family. 

Well, I think I've raved on enough tonight.

B

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I will also be stalking your blog with your mum!! I cant believe your getting married in 18 days that is SO exciting. I want to have a wedding again. I can not wait to see photos, you will look stunning!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete